A narrative of personal experiences and observations, A Tale of Two Systems is the honest diary of someone who has experienced two opposite governmental systems side by side.
Comparing the two cultures in a compelling and personal way, it is a powerful insight into what life’s really like under two opposing systems.
In A Tale of Two Systems, you’ll find a rich and engaging narrative detailing exactly what it’s like to transition between Communism and democracy. You’ll discover:
- How Russia developed from being a thriving Empire to the world’s first Communist nation
- A concise yet detailed history of the Soviet Union and its Communist regime
- A firsthand account of what it was really like to live and work in the USSR
- A unique view of the freedoms we take for granted in the West – and a glimpse at what life is like when those freedoms are removed
- An in-depth comparison of democracy and Communism – through the eyes of someone who was there
- A clear illustration of how the gulf between countries is not about the people, but about politics
And much more.